I'd prefer to spell it as "I/O-Diversity" but search engines being what they are ...
- iodiversity: think BIO-Diversity but for all things digital. It's part metaphor, part word-pun, but also part hardcore design principle in cognitive modelling in Artificial Intelligence.
- iodiversity: challenges you to slow down and think about the tissue of everything between zero and one ... hopefully in non-obvious ways.
- iodiversity: names an interdisciplinary framework to bring together results from the sciences of ‘human intelligence’ and those emerging around ‘machine intelligence’.
- iodiversity: represents my perspective on the challenges of designing and engineering future intelligent machines.
- iodiversity design matrix (c): a heuristic tool introduced in subsequent posts
- People who do not follow the orthodoxy; who are building new theories of perception or object recognition; people looking to both 'the where and the what' pathways and beyond.
"Design Thinking About"
- We can only understand what we can build. Re-construction and design is key. People who translate theories into 'machine intelligence'; people with Labs and/or commercial skin in the game.
"The tissue of everything"
- Study the subtleties and varieties of all kinds of 'computronium'. The medium does impact the logic. It cannot be abstracted away without trace (or compromise).
"Between Zero and One"
- Ones and Zeros bring certainty and precision. I'm way more interested in everything in between. Prediction is a semi-certain state that is probably hardcoded in us.
Whatever one thinks is currently pushing the boundaries of machine intelligence design, all communities of endeavour need to embrace more design sources and more alternative architectures at the outset of their research work.